Cover Art

http://abstract.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/970609/

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Black & White and Colour

So we are back to dreary here today. The weather forecast says rain (and flood warnings), then ice pellets... :(

I'm craving colour (and oranges...lol) and thankfully I've got art to provide that. I'm not a person that can think something up in my head and put it on paper. I'm hoping with time this is something that will come to me. Right now though, I need to see the physical picture to draw. Pinterest has become a great source of inspiration for me. There are so many different ideas and styles in the pictures. Unfortunately, sometimes, even when I've clicked on the link, it doesn't source me back to who had the original idea. I'm hoping that if someone ever sees I've redone their photo, craft or drawing that they are flattered and not ticked. I will always try to credit the original if I can.

This arrow pic is one of those pictures. I used the watercolour pencils on it. It didn't turn out quite as vibrant as I would have liked but there are parts of it I really love like the leaves and the feathers.

The b/w profile on the top is totally a new style for me. It was a lot of shading and blending with harsher lines and tones. I'm kind of loving it. Feeling happily creative.








11 comments:

  1. such wonderful arrows and a gorgeous portrait!
    you do so many wonderfully unique pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the arrows you did, then I scrolled down to see that beautfiul face! so pretty!! glad to have found you on Sunday Sketches.. Have a great week,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work, you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pieces and love your gorgeous portrait. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The arrows are wonderful and you black and white drawing of the face is amazing - so full of life and expression. Love it. Happy SS

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is divine and lovely art work ~ thanks,

    artmusedog and carol
    www.acreativeharbor.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting face love how it comes out from the hair.... and the arrows are fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sketches are absolutely wonderful. Wow. Your first one is stunning! Wonderful work. Thank you for joining us this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!